Our management team at The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery is focused on providing the highest level of care and communication to our patient, physician specialists and their staff.
We greatly value our patients and their families’ confidence in entrusting us with their safety, comfort, and convenience while we provide optimal clinical care.
Our physicians at The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery enjoy a partnership that provides an efficient extension to their offices for cost effective alternatives, and time saving features to augment today’s medical practice.
A foundation for our team – we respectfully pledge our commitment to provide training, education and the advancement of the work environment though dedicated corporate support.
Our Leadership Team at The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery
CEO Administrator: Janet L. Carlson, MSN, RN, CRN, NE-BC
Medical Director: Coleman D. Fowble, MD
Director of Nursing: Kelly Easley, BSN, RN
Our History at The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery
Midlands physicians had a very early vision to offer outpatient surgery options to our patients.
- 1997: Midlands Orthopaedics was accredited by American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities for 2 ORs and pre-op/pacu areas located within the medical practice building
- 2006: MOSC opened; featuring expanded community access to lower cost outpatient surgery options as compared to outpatient surgery performed in a hospital setting
- 2012: First outpatient hip replacement performed
- 2013: First outpatient knee replacement and ACDF performed
- 2014: First outpatient total shoulder replacement & cervical disc replacement performed
- 2015: First lumbar fusion performed at The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery
The Surgery Center at Midlands Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery Mission is to care for our patients, serve our physicians, and improve healthcare in America.
|Clinical Quality||We are committed to outstanding patient care and clinical outcomes.|
|Integrity||We do what is right, no matter how difficult, without exception. We say what we mean, and we do what we say.|
|Service Excellence||We seek to exceed the expectations of patients, physicians and each other in everything we do.|
|Teamwork||We work together, helping and supporting one another to make our Centers, Departments and all of SCA successful.|
|Accountability||We take complete, personal responsibility for our actions and commitments.|
|Continuous Improvement||We seek to relentlessly improve our performance in every area – clinical, operational, and financial – constantly pushing ourselves to new heights.|